TILT ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This is the acceptable use policy for the Tilt app or website: http://tilt.app/ (together the "Platform"). The Platform is operated by Retro Labs Ltd (trading as Tilt) (we, us and our).
Your use of any [comments pages,] [chat rooms,] [message boards,] [news groups] and/or other public areas for user-generated content and communications made available on the Platform (collectively, User Content Pages) will be subject to this acceptable use policy and to our Terms of Sale and Purchase and by using any User Content Page you agree to be bound by both of these.
We reserve the right to change this acceptable use policy from time to time by changing it on the Platform. This acceptable use policy was last updated on 25/05/2022.
Where we make any User Content Page available, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will use our reasonable endeavours to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any User Content Page, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any User Content Page, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any User Content Page by a user in contravention of this acceptable use policy, whether the User Content Page is moderated or not.
[Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is important to us. User Content Pages are intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. By using any User Content Page, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement and that, if you are under the age of 18, you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using any User Content Page or sending any personal information to us or anyone else online.]
You acknowledge that we cannot be responsible for the behaviour of User Content Page users, whether within a User Content Page or outside. We only provide a venue from which the User Content Pages may be accessed.
We do not control the material submitted to User Content Pages by users. You are solely responsible for the content of all information, data, hyperlinks, text, messages, photographs, videos, images, graphics, audio recordings and other material (collectively, Postings) as such Postings are submitted by you.
You acknowledge that all Postings consisting of information, opinions or reviews express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
Whilst we will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material (where we agree) that is brought to our attention as quickly as reasonably possible, you acknowledge that we do not generally pre-screen the Postings. As a result, there is always a possibility that, by using a User Content Page, you may be exposed to content that you find objectionable.
Complaints about the content of any Posting must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain details of the specific Posting giving rise to the complaint. If we moderate a User Content Page, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any Posting submitted by you and/or to close any topic, at any time without notice to you.
Content standards for Postings
These content standards apply to any and all Postings that you contribute to the Platform. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Posting as well as to its whole.
- be relevant to the purpose of the User Content Page and the nature of any topic;
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom and in any country from which they are posted.
Postings must not:
- contain, transmit, distribute, link to or otherwise make available, or advertise or promote any content that infringes any intellectual property rights or data protection, privacy or other rights of any other person, is defamatory or in breach of any contractual duty or any obligation of confidence, is obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, inciteful of violence or hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory (on any ground), liable to cause anxiety, alarm or embarrassment, knowingly false or misleading, or that does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations or is otherwise objectionable ("Prohibited Content");
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity;
- contain, transmit or distribute any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, marketing or promotional material or other form of solicitation (spam); or
- transmit or distribute any virus and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements.
Right to submit and use Postings
You acknowledge that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to submit all Postings you contribute to post to any User Content Page and that no content of any such Posting infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, and that you have obtained the permission of any person, other than yourself, who appears in any photograph, video or likeness you submit as part of that content.
You agree that, by submitting any Posting, you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Posting (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such Posting.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of any User Content Page. When a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Posting uploaded by you to any User Content Page;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use any User Content Page;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all loss and damage resulting from the breach;
- closure of your account; and/or
- disclosure of all relevant information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
Please submit any questions you have about this acceptable use policy or any problems concerning the Platform by email to email@example.com.← Back to TILT